Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Christmas Gifts....I was busy!

Once I got started I just kept going. I made a quilt for Michael (which I wish I had back now that I purchased a new sewing machine. )  Michael had been asking me for a quilt ever since I made Max his quilt several years ago. I had purchased the fabric, started the quilt, and then did not like the way it looked so quit making it. Fast forward 3 years and I ripped apart what I had previously done, added some different fabrics in and used the same technique I had used with Carson's quilt a couple of weeks earlier. Here it is.
Next, I made 3 afghans.  One for Mama, one for Sara, and one for Megan.  I used a really large crochet hook and double strands of really soft yarn.  They were very simple to make - I just used single crochet throughout.  I thought they turned out nice.  Here they are.

                                                     This is the one I made for Mama.

This is Sara's.                               



This is Megan's.

















That is all for now but will have another picture soon when I finish my current project - I am making a t-shirt quilt for Sara.  Wish me luck.  (It should be easy since I have my new sewing machine. - Right?)

10 comments:

  1. They all turned out great! I love my afghan. It is so "comfortable." ;) Can't wait to see how the t-shirt quilt comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either! It is definitely a challenge. I feel like I'm working on a puzzle!!

      Delete
  2. Wow you were busy! I love the quilt and the afghans! The way you left the long strands of yarn fringe in Sara's looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed making them. They were quick. Instant gratification - well maybe not instant.....

      Delete
  3. I like the way Michael's quilt turned out. That quillt-as-you-go method is great, isn't it? The afghans are all beautiful. I've seen Mama's in "real life" and it's gorgeous. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like that quilt as you go method. Everything stays in place for me!! I'm glad you like the afghan.

      Delete
  4. Your afghans look beautiful and so comfortable. I also like the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

      Delete