Sunday, September 10, 2017

It's time for THE PERFECTLY PLEASING PINCUSHION PARADE!!

This is my second year to join the parade and I am so happy to be part of the fun.  Click the link below if you'd like to join in the fun!


           

These first three cuties are gifts from my sister.  I absolutely love how realistic the little pie looks.  I like having it out in my kitchen just for fun!  Ida knows how much I like southwestern style art and she created the adorable pincushion frame just because of that.  Who doesn't like a patriotic pincushion?  This little darling is just perfectly pleasing!

                           
I made these four pincushion recently.  All fairly simple.  I did struggle a bit getting the cathedral window correct but it is okay for a first try.  The one on the upper right is made out of a quilt I found at a yard sale one day.  I always feel so sad when I see the quilt that someone spent so much time making laying out in someones yard feeling rejected so I was happy that I could use it to make some fun pincushions.  Bottom left is my version of the old timey tomato pincushion and bottom right was made from someone else's hard work cross stitching.


Last, and definitely least in my estimation is my ugly duckling hedgehog wanna be!  He looked so cute in the instructions, but alas, he did not turn out that way!  Lucky for him the contest came around or he would probably laying in the scrap pile!  

7 comments:

  1. I love how you repurposed someone's cross stitch and the forgotten garage sale quilt! It would be a really nice Christmas gift for someone....(just saying!)...poor little hedgehog....i can see he was a lot.of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pie! I must search out the pattern and attempt to make one. Repurposing quilts that would be otherwise thrown out is a throwback to the lifestyle of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers who never threw anything out. Enjoyed my visit - thank you! (oh, the the hedgehog is definitely NOT ugly - he's adorable).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pincushions, all of them. It's such fun admiring them all. Great parade. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pie. They are all such fun. I am always amazed at how unique each pincushion is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely collection as well! hmm, must get in on this family sharing thing. The hedgehog is a beauty, although he looks like a pig, not a hedgehog. And the pie, those pies are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Southwestern style pincushion - stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little pie as well, but they are all awesome. This is so fun, coming up with great ideas. And, I love the quilted one with lace around the edge.

    ReplyDelete