Sunday, September 4, 2016

Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade

I am so excited to join the Pincushion Parade this year.  Click the link to see all of the great prizes and then be ready to share photos of your pincushions when the link opens!!!



Here are my entries to the parade:


Sara and I decided to try our hand at making at least one new pincushion.  Here is my little teacup cushion.  I think it turned out pretty sweet.




I found this cute little floral pincushion somewhere along the way.  It is now one of my favorites.




Here's one made out of a cute little basket.  I also picked this one up "along the way."




This last one is the one I have used for years.  You can see all of the pins and needles in it.  My daughter Sara made it for me when she took a home ec class in middle school.  I have to say that this is my all time favorite. ♥




That's it for now.  I am excited to start a bigger collection for next years parade.



29 comments:

  1. OMG! What wonderful entries for the Pincushion Parade. I also like the one that Sara made for you the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the one is your favorite!! I love that Hawaiian one too and your new one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I found it at an estate sale. I am going to have to search out more and learn to make new ones for next year :)

      Delete
    2. You have a lovely collection, I especially like the little basket but can ser why you love the one your daughter made for you. xx

      Delete
  3. Look at you go! I love all your pin cushions and I agree that the one Sara made for you has to be your favorite.......I, also, have a favorite that Jeremy made for me! Thanks for linking up with us this year and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida! I have had such fun looking at everyone's pin cushions. Gives me inspiration to make some more.

      Delete
  4. What a great collection! Pin cushions are amazing and fun! Anything made by your child will always be a favourite I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. You are definitely right. We hang on to those things that are children made forever :)

      Delete
  5. lovely pincushions.... I have a pretty teacup I keep meaning to make into one...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so great!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of pincushions. How special is the one made by Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection. The teacup is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collection....a very special pincushion made by your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pincushions Lynette, your daughter's one looks well used and loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Hawaiian wooden pin cushion..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pin cushions. I love the teacup one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I think I've got the bug now and will be making more pincushions for next years parade :)

      Delete